Global Event Outbreak
- Starts at August 15th – the exact time is not clear yet, but it is at the same day as 1.7 drops
- It is the one with the toxic NPCs and the headshot modifier
- It will run till August 22nd – so next Tuesday
Commendations / Patches
- Commendations will be activated with 1.7 and it will add a new achievement-system into the game. You will be rewarded with a new vanity item – the Patches. You can put them on your character.
- Were not shown in this State of the Game – they remain a surprise
- You can get those based on your performance during the Global Events
Character Customization Station
- You can now customize your character in the Terminal – but there are restrictions and you will have the same options as you had when you created your character
- New Encrypted Caches will be added to the game, that can be bought with real money or key-fragments that can be collected in game.
- They contain vanity items and can be collected by the Premium Vendor.
- Summary how they function than be found here: Link
Year 2 Summary
- The detailed Update 1.7 summary will be online when we get closer to launch, until then you can check out the Year 2 summary
Classified Gear Sets
- Lone Star / Final Measure / Dead Eye will be added to the game with the first Global Event
- Stable Weapon Talent was changed to 10% – you can still get it on sub-30 weapons, but not in endgame weapons
- Ballistic Shield gets a PVP modifier – players now do 20% more damage to shields than before.
- In addition to that, the 3-piece bonus of D3-FNC was changed from “+30% Ballistic Shield health” to 10% Damage to Elites – this is a preparation for the classified version of the set.
Global Event Caches
Droprates have been confirmed:
- 2 Guaranteed Drops in each cache plus one possible bonus item
- 45% chance that it is a Classified item
- 43.5% chance that it is a normal Gear Set item
- 11.5% chance that it is an Exotic item
- There is also a 12.5% chance that you get a bonus drop and when you get one, you have a 90% chance to get a classified and a 10% that you get an Exotic piece
Global Event Tokens
- Drops have been reworked and fixed from the PTS, so that you have the same behavior across the board.
- Key-Fragments have now a 20% droprate
- They drop from any named boss in the entire content (Underground needs to be confirmed but they should also drop Key-Fragments)